Pages

May 30, 2010

WELCOME!

My name is Debra Baker Steinmann and I have been a fiber artist and quilt maker for most of my life.  My grandmother, Eva Baker, taught me how to quilt when I was a child in Rossville, Georgia. I quilted at the Atlanta History Center during the Olympics and was told I'm a folk quilter because I learned from my ancestors.

Through the years I have made dozens of quilts for charity, friends and family, and myself.

In the last few years I've focused on smaller pieces, many of which are not quilts, but fabric based collages.  I love finding things at yard sales for inspiration.

This photo of my studio looks surprisingly cluttered and possibly so is my brain.  My studio is also bigger than the picture looks.  I get overwhelmed in here from time to time and do a thorough cleaning.  It's been a while.

1 comment: