Pages

Mar 5, 2013

T-Shirt Quilts and Kandinsky Roses


This Sun Bird made a boring quilt Fun for me.


I made this Twin Sized Quilt for my parents' new home in Chickamauga, GA.  
I call this Memory Keeper Quilt since it is based on clothing and fabrics found while cleaning out their old basement. The Log Cabins represent home. 

Mom and Dad's Memory Keeper Quilt has five Kandinsky Roses




This next quilt is a T-Shirt Commission for Michael Gray's 21st Birthday:


Twelve T-Shirts for Michael Gray make a twin sized Quilt
 This quilt has SeaGlass colors with Mom's Linen collection. All the blocks are 6.5" X 8.5" rectangles.  Kandinsky Roses grew on the sides.  The fruit fabric border is from Kaffe Fassett collective.
Paula's Linens are now a Quilt. 

T
hose three quilts were made with my 6.5" X 8.5" dream ruler.  The T-Shirt blocks are sized with 6X8 multiples.  It's easier to make a 66X80 (etc) finished quilt without having to wrestle the large size all at once.


Silly me.  Bird Tree of Life at East Cobb Quilt Guild show.  June 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment